Supply Chain Rotational Program
Our supply chain rotational program provides the critical skills and industry experience to succeed in the automotive industry and become a leader. Program participants develop a broad range of skills and knowledge critical to supply chain management, including managing supplier relationships, supplier quality, sourcing, inventory planning, distribution operations, and transportation and logistics experience. In addition, the program provides valuable experiences to broaden your knowledge of the business and guide you in obtaining your career goals. Leadership training, networking, global team introductions, and exposure to senior leaders are some of the benefits to expect from the program.
- Exposure to all aspects of the supply chain and purchasing functions
- Interface with supply chain and purchasing internal customers and external suppliers
- Continuously improve performance within the supply chain
- Identify opportunities to improve processes in purchasing and supply chain functions
- Gain a broad understanding of our products, processes and people by working with manufacturing and distribution
- Work with purchasing leaders to source vendors
- Work with suppliers to ensure flawless quality and on-time delivery
- Develop commodity strategies, sourcing activities, and project implementation
- Research materials and suppliers to develop expertise related to the commodities you support
- Prepare requests for quotes (RFQs) and requests for information (RFIs) for sourcing projects
- Maintain consistent communication with suppliers to ensure RFQ timelines are met
- Interface between suppliers and engineering, operations, and marketing to answer questions related to RFQs
- Perform financial analysis of RFQ results to determine overall cost competitiveness
- Make sourcing recommendations based on RFI and RFQ results
- Forecast future demand using the latest statistical forecasting software
- Ensure customer fill rate expectations are met, while maintaining inventory levels and turns
- Actively manage product SKUs to eliminate supply disruptions
- Manage re-order points, lot sizes, lead times, and other day-to-day activities with the supply base
- Prepare, report, and communicate inventory metrics to management
- Participate in various supply chain projects supporting the company’s distribution network realignment, new product launches, and MRP system maintenance
Educational requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Purchasing or related field (i.e., Business Administration, Industrial Operations, etc.) with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Current Class Level: Senior or Graduate.
Program participants are required to relocate up to two times within the first four years of employment.