Brake Job Tip – Pushing Caliper Piston Back
As part of installing new brake pads on your customer's vehicle, you might have to push the caliper piston back in. In this informative video, Master Technician Damian Rodriguez of Garage Gurus shows how to safely push the brake piston back in.
The technique that Damian demonstrates avoids sediment or old fluid going into the ABS system or the master cylinder. Use this procedure on the next brake job that comes into your shop. Count on Garage Gurus to help you get your customer's vehicle repair done right.
On-demand videos, online tech tips and hands-on training courses from Garage Gurus will help you keep up with the latest technologies and techniques in brake service and repair. Experience leading-edge automotive training from the Master Technicians of Garage Gurus onsite, online or in one of our automotive training centers.
To learn more about servicing brakes, check out these videos from the experts at Garage Gurus:
- Hard Brake Pedal - Vacuum Brake Booster & Vacuum Hose Inspection
- Brake Job Tip – Cleaning Brake Caliper Brackets
- ABS Sensor Removal
- 2013 Ford Fusion Parking Brake Deactivation
- Master Cylinder Bench Bleed
Take your career to the next level with these training courses from the Master Technicians of Garage Gurus:
- Brake Diagnostics & Service
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Diagnostics
- ABS/Stability Control & Traction Control Diagnostics
- Electronic Brake Control Found on Many Hybrid & Non-Hybrid Vehicles